HORSES LISTEN TO WHAT IS UNSPOKEN, TO WHAT LIES IN THE HEART AND REFLECT IT BACK TO US.
THEY LET US HEAR THE LONGING OF OUR SOUL.
TRAIN TO BE AN EQUINE FACILITATED COACH
Experience profound transformation through deep connection with horses
This year long programme powerfully combines True Northe’s unique Transformational Coaching Programme with Learning to Listen’s expert equine facilitation. It offers a profound and personal journey into Equine Facilitated Coaching.
This programme enables you to use the powerful medium of horses with a transformational coaching approach and successful completion of this leads to:
- The ability to deliver transformational coaching sessions in partnership with a horse or horses
- An understanding of the transformational coaching process and the language of the horse, enabling you to utilise these together to create powerful client experiences
- Competency in horse management and health and safety practices to ensure the well-being of the horse
- Understanding the power behind equine facilitated practice
- A unique practice helping clients who have been unsuccessful using other more traditional methods
Successful completion of this programme leads to certification as an ‘Equine Facilitated Coach’ and may result in an invitation to practice under the supervision and guidance of the provider. The programme itself has historically been accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and will in future be accredited by The Association for Coaching (AC), enabling students to become AC Accredited Coaches with the necessary experience, CPD and Supervision.
Applications are now being taken for the next open programme starting in September 2020, details listed below.
AWAKEN TO THE PURE WONDER OF TRANSFORMATIONAL EQUINE FACILITATED COACHING
EVERY HORSE HAS SOMETHING TO TEACH & EVERY HUMAN HAS SOMETHING TO LEARN
We appreciate that there are a variety of Coach Training Programmes and Equine Facilitated offerings available in the current market place and no industry-wide validating body to set single standards or guarantee consistency of product and quality. Our offering of Equine Facilitated Coaching is unique and cutting edge and therefore comparison to other trainings is difficult.
However, the information below is designed to demonstrate the quality and depth of this programme and our approach and help you decide if our programme is the right one for you. We welcome the opportunity to discuss this further.
Please be aware that in the design and delivery of our coaching programmes we strive to ensure best practice whilst offering a flexible approach to the needs of programme participants. We are guided by the ethical code provided by the European Coaching and Mentoring Council and promote the importance of continuing professional development and supervised practice.
Within this training programme you will find:
- An in-depth psychological approach to coaching
- A range of theories, processes, concepts & techniques
- Regular coach practice sessions with feedback from course tutors and fellow participants
- Over 125 hours of facilitated experiential learning
- Self-managed learning sets
- Requirement to build up a minimum amount of equine facilitated coaching practice in-between workshops
- A variety of written & practical projects to maximise learning
- Supervision of practice
- 1:1 support from Lead Facilitators
- A coaching approach based on the development of emotional intelligence
- Strong focus on the personal development of the coach
CONNECT WITH YOURSELF THROUGH THE HEART OF THE HORSE
We will give you the theory of coach training and equine facilitation; however, this alone will not make you an effective coach.
Coaching, after all, is a practical activity and any coach training of value must be grounded in sound professional practice. Much of our focus will be on your development as a coach through experiential learning, practice and feedback. During the modules, you will be given the opportunity to experience the roles of coach, coachee and observer.
These sessions will facilitate both your skills development and personal growth.
The personal development of the coach is an element of training often overlooked and this can result in poor practice. We believe that the coach needs to address and work through their own issues in order to operate with the emotional intelligence required to be effective in coaching others. On our coaching programmes you will be supported and challenged to address your own developmental needs in a safe and supportive environment. In line with this we are firm advocates of coaching supervision as essential to good professional practice and offer this during and beyond the programme.
We believe in a psychological approach to coaching because invariably coaching issues are grounded in the cognitive and emotional. It is common for the presenting issue to be a symptom of the client’s existing patterns and belief systems. Without addressing the psychological dimension, it is likely that the client will find that they are unable to sustain behavioural change. As part of our training we give participants the tools to explore the client’s inner world and therefore facilitate greater understanding and sustainable change.
Alongside tutoring on our programmes the lead facilitators continue to work directly with clients, always developing our own knowledge and skills and drawing on our own experience to enhance our teaching.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR
Essentially this programme will meet the needs of anyone wishing to effectively facilitate the growth and behaviour change of themselves and others through the medium of coaching and horses.
This may be through working as a coach, a line manager, an HR professional or training consultant, a mental health practitioner, an educator, a riding instructor, a therapist or any other context where you are interested in developing others.
If you want a thorough grounding in a powerful transformational coaching methodology, to develop your coaching skills and grow on a personal level then this programme may be right for you. We will always meet with you prior to the programme to ensure your questions are answered & that this is the right course for you.
EXPERIENCE THE PURE POWER OF TRUE ACCEPTANCE
STRUCTURE CONTENT & ASSESSMENT
- Monthly facilitated modules
- Pre and post session reading and research
- Self-facilitated learning groups
- Personal support from lead facilitators
- Assessment requirements
- Purpose of coaching – exploring the benefits of coaching to the individual.
- Health & safety – keeping clients & horse’s safe during sessions.
- Anatomy checks – sustaining the emotional & physical wellbeing of horses.
- The natural horse – how horses interact & why they are such good facilitators.
- The power behind equine facilitated practice – the benefits of being around the horses.
- The language of the horse – learning to facilitate the information provided through the horses.
- Horse management – expected standards of external and internal environments.
- Coaching models and theories – drawing on a wide range of tools & concepts to facilitate growth & change.
- Creating the coaching relationship – building rapport & creating a safe environment that enables challenge, learning & insight.
- Managing the coaching relationship – contracting, holding boundaries, considering ethics & maintaining good practice.
- Coaching competencies and skills – active listening, effective questioning, creating rapport, challenging, awareness & process.
- Key dimensions of a coaching session – going beyond the client’s content & uncovering the inner game.
- Psychological approaches to coaching – exploring psychological concepts relevant to coaching such as Neuro Linguistic Programming & drawing on thinking from a range of therapies.
- Self-awareness & use of self – becoming aware of one’s own internal processes as a source of information & material for intervention.
- Understanding preference – to understand personality types & work more effectively with others.
- Practice and skill development – skills practice within modules & regular coaching between workshops.
- Assessment for certification consists of:
- Written assignments relating to coaching with & without the horses.
- Several short, written assessments throughout the programme to maximise learning.
- A reflective journal which participants will complete throughout the programme providing a record of personal development, coaching practice and reflection on practice.
- Coaching Sessions – participants are required to complete a minimum number of coaching practice sessions with external clients.
- Coaching Assessment – participants will be assessed on their coaching skills during observed practice towards the end of the programme. This may be videoed.
YOUR PRESENCE SPEAKS BEFORE YOU SAY A WORD
DATES INVESTMENT & ENROLLMENT
Month 1 15th & 16th Sept
Month 2 13th & 14th Oct
Month 3 3rd & 4th Nov
Month 4 1st & 2nd Dec
Month 5 12th & 13th Jan 2021
Month 6 9th & 10th Feb
Month 7 2nd & 3rd March
Month 8 13th & 14th April
Month 9 18th & 19th May
Months 10-12 Completion of written assignments
Please Note: Programme dates may be subject to change.
Prior to enrolment it is advisable that we meet you to discuss the details & commitments of the programme.
We will also need you to clarify your existing knowledge & skills of horsemanship i.e Safety handling horses.
This will be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
The investment for the full equine facilitated coaching programme is £500 deposit followed by 10 monthly payments of £567. A £500 discount is available when paying the balance of the programme in full.
Course fees are non-refundable 1 month prior to the start date of the programme.
This is a comprehensive training programme offering excellent value for money with a successful track record and a thorough approach to the pioneering theory and practice of effective equine facilitated coaching.
Past participants regularly report that they have found the programme a unique and life-changing experience and the quality of the programme has been recognised as leading edge within the coaching community.
Please contact us now to join our open programme or discuss the opportunity to run the training within your own organisation.
- Initial Deposit to secure your place: £500
- Followed by 10 Monthly Payments of £567
- Payment in full £5670
WITH THE HUMILITY TO LISTEN YOU WILL HEAR GREAT WISDOM
It has been so awesome to journey with you and your courageous heart through the Equine Coaching Programme. It's been emotional, hysterical, hilarious and everything in between. ~ Philippa Sage
Thank you for pushing me hard. Thank you for teaching us in such a unique and beautiful way. I will never forget this. ~Philip Storey- Enchant
You not only demonstrated the depth of the work and your models; but you stood in the fire with me and I can't say enough for the difference that has made to me. ~ Andy Hemming