BECOME A TRANSFORMATIONAL COACH THROUGH THE PURE POWER,
WONDER AND AUTHENTICITY OF WHO YOU TRULY ARE
TRAIN TO BE A TRANSFORMATIONAL COACH
"It is what we think we know that often prevents us from learning," ~ Claude Bernard
Whatever new skill, process or behaviour you learn, whatever new knowledge you acquire, the level of success you have in applying it will depend on the foundation you are building on.
In professional training, personal development of the individual is often overlooked and this invariably leads to poor practice. Coaches in particular need to address and work through their own issues in order to operate with the emotional intelligence required to be effective in coaching others. Our training will challenge and support you to do this.
The True Northe Transformational Coaching Programme (Graduate Level) is a programme of skills training and personal development which has historically been accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and will in future be accredited by The Association for Coaching (AC), enabling students to become AC Accredited Coaches with the necessary experience, CPD and Supervision.
Sarah Ilaria Northe’s training has been run successfully for 15 years within both the public and private sector.
Applications are now being taken for the next open programme starting in September 2020, details listed below.
This accredited coaching programme can also be run within your organisation and tailored to your individual needs.
NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, THERE YOU ARE
We appreciate that there are many offerings of coach training in the current market place and no industry-wide validating body to set standards and guarantee consistency of product and quality.
The information below is designed to help you decide if our programme is the right one for you and we would be very happy to discuss this further.
Please be aware that in the design and delivery of our coaching programmes we strive to ensure best practice whilst offering a flexible approach to the needs of programme participants.
We are guided by the ethical code provided by the European Coaching and Mentoring Council and promote the importance of continuing professional development and supervised practice.
Within this training programme you will find:
- An in-depth psychological approach to coaching
- A range of theories and processes
- Regular coach practice sessions with feedback from course tutors and fellow participants
- Over 70 hours of facilitated experiential learning
- Self-managed learning sets
- Requirement to build up a minimum of 12 sessions of coaching practice in between workshops
- Supervision of practice
- 1:1 time with course tutors
- Professionally accredited qualification
- A coaching approach based on the development of emotional intelligence
- Strong focus on the personal development of the coach
We will give you the theory of coach training; however, this alone will not make you an effective coach. Coaching, after all, is a practical activity and any coach training of value must be grounded in sound professional practice. Much of our focus will be on your development as a coach through experiential learning, practice and feedback. During each module you will be given the opportunity to experience the roles of coach, coachee and observer. These sessions will facilitate both your skills development and personal growth.
The personal development of the coach is an element of training often overlooked and this can result in poor practice. We believe that the coach needs to address and work through their own issues in order to operate with the emotional intelligence required to be effective in coaching others. On our coaching programmes you will be challenged to address your own developmental needs in a safe and supportive environment. In line with this we are firm advocates of coaching supervision as essential to good professional practice and offer this during the programme.
We believe in a psychological approach to coaching because invariably coaching issues are grounded in the cognitive and emotional. It is common for the presenting issue to be a symptom of the client’s existing patterns and belief systems. Without addressing the psychological dimension it is likely that the client will find that they are unable to sustain behavioural change. As part of our training we give participants the tools to explore the client’s inner world and therefore facilitate greater understanding and lasting change.
Alongside tutoring on our programmes the training team continues to work directly with clients, always developing our own knowledge and skills and drawing on our own experience to enhance our teaching
WHO IS THIS PROGRAMME FOR
Essentially this programme will meet the needs of anyone wishing to effectively facilitate the growth and behaviour change of others.
This may be through working as a coach, a line manager, an HR professional or training consultant, a mental health practitioner, an educator or any other context where you are interested in developing others.
If you want a thorough grounding in coaching methodology, to develop your coaching skills and grow on a personal level then this programme is right for you. We will always meet with you prior to the programme to ensure that you have made the right choice.
BE CURIOUS AND SHINE A LIGHT IN THE SHADOWS
COURSE CONTENT, STRUCTURE & ASSESSMENT
This programme will be provided via:
- Monthly facilitated modules
- Pre and post session reading and research
- Self-facilitated learning groups
- Personal coaching
- Assessment requirements
This provides in excess of 70 guided learning hours.
Course Content Includes
- Purpose of coaching: Exploring the benefits of coaching to the individual, the team and the organisation.
- Coaching models and theories:Drawing on a wide range of tools and concepts to facilitate growth and change.
- Creating the coaching relationship:Building rapport and creating a safe environment that enables challenge, learning and insight.
- Managing the coaching relationship:Contracting, holding boundaries, considering ethics and maintaining good practice.
- Coaching competencies and skills:Deep listening, effective questioning, creating rapport, challenging, awareness and process.
- Key dimensions of a coaching session:Going beyond the client’s content and uncovering the inner game.
- Psychological approaches to coaching:Exploring psychological concepts relevant to coaching such as Neuro Linguistic Programming and drawing on thinking from a range of therapies.
- Self-awareness and use of self-becoming aware of one’s own internal processes as a source of information and material for intervention.
- Understanding preference:Use of theories such as MBTI to understand personal preferences and work more effectively with others.
- Practice and skill development:Skills practice within modules and regular coaching between workshops.
Assessment for certification consists of:
- A reflective journal which participants will complete throughout the programme, providing a record of personal development, coaching practice and reflection on practice.
- Coaching Sessions, participants are required to complete a minimum of 12 sessions of coaching practice with a number of clients.
Coaching Assessment, participants will be assessed on their coaching skills during a live coaching session at the end of the programme.
DISCOVER THE GIFT OF AWARENESS
DATES & INVESTMENT
The next open programme will begin in September 2020:
Module 1 15th & 16th Sept
Module 2 13th Oct
Module 3 3rd Nov
Module 4 1st Dec
Module 5 12th Jan 2021
Module 6 9th Feb
Module 7 2nd March
Module 8 13th April
Module 9. 19th May
Months 10 - 12 Completion of practice and written assignments
This programme will take place at our unique training environment; in Hertforshire and the modules will run from 9.30am to 4pm.
The cost of the programme is £3500 available to either Pay in Full (this option gives a 10% discount) or by Monthly Instalments. This cost includes personal coaching sessions.
This is a comprehensive training programme offering excellent value for money with a successful track record and a thorough approach to the theory and practice of effective coaching. Past participants regularly report that they have found the programme a unique and life-changing experience and the quality of the programme has been recognised as leading edge within the coaching community.
Please contact us now to join our open programme or discuss the opportunity to run the training within your own organisation.
Training to be a coach with Sarah has been transformative for me. I have felt challenged in a way that has allowed me to take ownership of who I am and work through what it means to be truly authentic. ~ Harry May-Bedell
Sarah's course was a life-advancing experience and one which I will never forget. As well as learning to become a workplace coach via Sarah’s engaging and experiential programme and gaining a formal coaching qualification, the way in which the programme was structured and taught by Sarah meant that I also learned an immeasurable amount about myself as a manager, colleague and person. ~ Vicky Hayhurst - Director
I HIGHLY recommend Sarah as both a coach and facilitator. I became an accredited coach on one of Sarah’s programmes and can honestly say it was the most thought-provoking, valuable and worthwhile courses I have ever engaged with. Not only did it hone my listening, questioning, awareness and general interpersonal skills but it supported me in challenging the beliefs I had previously held about myself. I don’t think there is a day that goes by when I don’t use those skills. Sarah’s particular style – of empathic challenge and working with the emotions she finds in the room - encourages active engagement from all and I thoroughly enjoyed working with her. ~ Sarah Farrell
Working with Sarah is always a game changer. As a direct result of her training I have built a successful business doing what I love. It has been genuinely transformational. ~ Janet Finlay - Canine Confidence Academy